Call for a free, no obligation consultation:
As you may be aware, in an effort to respond to the privacy concerns of British Columbians and Canadians, the BC government enacted the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and the federal government enacted the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). The purpose of this privacy legislation, in general terms, is to regulate the private sector’s collection, use and disclosure of “personal information”. In compliance with this legislation, we would like to provide you with the following information.
What information do we collect?
- Name, home address
- Home phone number, cell phone number
- Personal email address
- Your profession or occupation
- Date of birth
- Social insurance number
- Credit card number
- Financial institution information
- Letters from you to First Canadian Barter Exchange
- Letters from First Canadian Barter Exchange to you
- Reviews of your company created by First Canadian Barter Exchange or other companies
- Barter account history
- Your preferences, e.g. the types of companies you like to trade with
Why do we collect personal information?
- To enable us to communicate with members in a timely and efficient manner
- To collect fees efficiently
- To ensure members are providing quality goods and services
- To promote each member’s business effectively
- To help members obtain the goods and services they desire
The personal information collected by First Canadian Barter Exchange may be disclosed to third parties where necessary. Such third parties may include other barter exchanges, credit reporting agencies, or financial institutions. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so. By providing your information to us, you have consented to these uses and disclosures.
If you have any questions regarding your privacy, please contact Amber Noakes at First Canadian Barter Exchange at 604.759.3223.